GMDSS GOC 1-day refresher, Donegal
Who this course is for: The professional seafarer who has already completed a GMDSS GOC but is in need of a refresher.
Length of course: This course is held over 1 day.
Objective: To gain the skills and knowledge to confidently and correctlyoperate Inmarsat C/Fleet 77 satellite and VHF/HF/MF radio equipment,including Digital Selective Callings (DSC), EPIRB, SART, and NAVTEX.
Prerequisites: Candidates must be over 18 years of age and have an adequate level of English to understand the course content and exam questions. Should be in possession of a GOC issued in the last 15 years.
Format of the course: Prior to the course, candidates are encouraged to access our online simulator.
A comprehensive course manual will be given in-class and each student will have hands-on practice with our classroom GMDSS simulator, as well as plenty of practical experience with EPIRBs, SARTs, and NAVTEX.
- Principles of the Maritime Mobile Service
- Principles of the Maritime Mobile Satellite Service
- Ship station including receivers, VHF radio installation, MF/HF,
- antennas, power supplies, survival craft radio equipment
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
- Inmarsat systems
- GMDSS system and subsystems
- Inmarsat usage in GMDSS
- Distress, urgency and safety communications in GMDSS
- Distress, urgency and safety in communications using radiotelephony
- Search and Rescue operation (SAR)
- Obligatory procedures and practices
- General communications procedures